Lokenstein's

Stranger Things fanfiction recommendations

Created: 17/07/2022 - Last updated: 03/01/2023

  • Steddie (Steve Harrington x Eddie Munson)

Steddie

  • Keep it Steady, Eddie by outofmygourd
    AO3 fanfiction / 104,812 words / 16 chapters / Explicit
    After defeating Vecna, Eddie starts working at the video store with Steve and Robin. Little by little, as they attend many parties together and try to deal with their trauma, the two boys get closer... This fic was absolutely amazing, probably one of the best fics I've ever read! It had a wonderful slow burn with closeted mutual pining, everybody was very much in character, and the tension was perfectly balanced, always making you crave for more! Somehow it unlocked long lost memories of shotgunning weed with my gay crush in high school... good times. Anyway, go read it!
  • Are You Flagging? by soidade
    AO3 fanfiction / 40,991 / 17 chapters / Explicit
    When Eddie asks Steve if he's flagging because he randomly put a bandana in his back pocket, the popular boy has a lot of questions. Questions that lead to realizations. And as Eddie and Steve start to be kinky friends with benefits, Steve begins to wonder if his growing feelings will ruin everything... This fic was so good! I loved that the sex came before the romance for once, and there was just the right level of angst to spice things up.
  • Not So Bad by outofmygourd
    AO3 fanfiction / 43,409 words / 9 chapters / Mature
    Eddie keeps annoying Steve at the video store and at parties, and Steve is starting to catch feelings... *queue in the bisexual awakening crisis* A pretty cool fic with a classic but cute plot!
  • sub-culture by palmviolet
    AO3 fanfiction / 60,702 words / 13 chapters / Teen And Up Audiences
    Steve thinks Eddie hates him, but turns out... it's quite the opposite. Lots of 80s queer culture content (with explanations) as Steve discovers more of it, and overall a pretty good fic!
  • Eddie Munson's Vampire Mixtape by Springandastorm
    AO3 fanfiction / 21,070 words / 1 chapter / Teen And Up Audiences
    Eddie comes back from the dead... as a vampire! Steve finds him and takes care of him before telling their friends the news, developing feelings at the same time. I've been waiting for a good vampire Eddie fic forever and this one was quite short but so nice!! The author *gets it* (it = the vampire kink).
  • A Sign of The Morning by ToEdenandBackAgain
    AO3 fanfiction / 86,804 words / 12 chapters / Mature
    Long slow burn of bisexual Steve thinking Eddie's straight and gay Eddie thinking Steve is out of his league. Steve stares too much when he's high, and he has a hard time picking up the hints that Eddie and Robin and dropping everywhere. CW (because the author doesn't mention them) for violent homophobia scenes, and internalized homophobia thoughts.
  • Steve Harrington's Guide to Touch by how_about_no
    AO3 fanfiction / 18,863 words / 4 chapters / Mature
    Steve notices that Eddie loves to touch people and be touched... except when it comes to Steve, apparently. When he tells his friend that he's okay with physical contact, Steve isn't ready for the feelings that come with Eddie taking him on his offer. I found Eddie quite OOC in this fic but it was the cute kind of OOC, like yeah I wish he would be a bit like this, and overall it was a cute fic!
  • Falling Off The Edge Of The World by coeurdeleo92
    AO3 fanfiction / 7,392 words / 2 chapters / Explicit
    Eddie doesn't have a concept of personal space, and it's starting to stir feelings in Steve... Short and cute fic, the second chapter is mostly smut.
  • the most remarkable thing about you standing in the doorway is that it’s you by greatunironic
    AO3 fanfiction / 34,987 words / 5 chapters / Explicit
    Eddie is a rockstar now but he and Steve keep meeting occasionally. Here for Max & Luca's wedding, here for Hopper's end of life... Somewhere along the way they finally manage to express the feelings they've kept quiet for years. This was beautiful but I was uncomfortable with the emphasis on illness & death, and the super straightness of all side characters (El is pregnant with Mike's baby, Nancy & Jonathan have several kids, etc).
  • Turn Your Back on Mother Nature by gr0gu
    AO3 fanfiction / 16,996 words / 4 chapters / Teen And Up Audiences
    Eddie and Steve get closer after defeating Vecna, and then get even closer than that. Extremely cute accidental coming outs, including one when Eddie kisses Steve's cheek and calls him babe as he walks nearby, forgetting they're in public. Short and sweet fic!
  • the affliction of the feeling by nondz
    AO3 fanfiction / 27,194 words / 2 chapters / Explicit
    Steve (for once!) knows what he wants, and what he wants is for Eddie to fuck him. Eddie thinks he's a S&M dom, but 5min into kissing Steve he realizes he's an absolute sub - and leaves the next morning completely covered it bruises and hickeys *chef's kiss*. I hesitated to rec this fic because some stuff were not to my taste (awkward kisses descriptions, Eddie whining to be called baby, embarassing public making out...), but most of Eddie being super submissive to his surprise was amazing so it still deserves its place here. Also, Steve faking that he doesn't know what shotgunning weed means so Eddie has to show him.
  • birds of a feather flock together by Bundibird
    AO3 fanfiction / 1,988 words / 1 chapter / General audiences
    A very short fic of the moment when Robin tells Mike about bisexuality, and Steve realizes he has a crush on Eddie. Very cute!