Lokenstein's

Our Flag Means Death fanfiction recommendations

GentleBeard

  • on the bed of this blue ocean by kirkaut
    AO3 fanfiction / 9,682 words / 1 chapter / Teen and up audiences
    Post season 1 - Blackbeard has steeled his heart and is determined to kill Stede Bonnet himself next time they meet... until he learns that Stede is already dead. Why isn't he happy about those news?
  • Reeling from the fall by Mymlen
    AO3 fanfiction / 2,199 words / 1 chapter / Teen and up audiences
    Post season 1 - Blackbeard learns of Stede's death, and decides to pay Mary a visit. Feelings ensue.

SteddyHands

  • This Isn't Over by AlphaCygni
    AO3 fanfiction / 79,191 words / 10 chapters / Mature
    When Stede captures Izzy after first meeting him on the island, the two pirates unsurprisingly clash but things get smoother when Stede asks Izzy to teach his crew how to be a proper pirate crew. Through becalmed times, braving a storm and learning how to tie knots, the two men get closer... but what will happen when Blackbeard finally comes back for his first made, and choices have to be made?
    The slow burn!... Delicious. This plot was amazing, I loved that it wasn't a "Gentlebeard takes Izzy in" type of situation, but rather 3 men (re-)falling with each other all at the same time and wondering if choices really do have to be made... It ended a bit too soon for my taste, but I loved that there was a bonus chapter with a flashback sex scene, rather than having it in the middle of the fic.
  • The Softification of Izzy Hands by HedgePodge
    AO3 fanfiction / 15,732 words / 10 chapters / Mature
    The co-captains and the whole Revenge crew are happy... except for a certain Izzy Hands, so it's time for reconditioning. Where Izzy expects physical torture, he's intead faced with wearing silk pyjamas and drinking good tea. But worse than the idea of getting soft, are the feelings he's suddenly developing for Stede... as if being in love with Ed wasn't enough.
    The writer really got the voices of the characters right (except for a few rare moments where Ed or Stede sounded or acted a little bit off) and I liked the plot. This is a quite short fic and a good way to test if this ship is made for you or not!