Lokenstein's

Marvel fanfiction recommendations

Created: 09/08/2021 - Last updated: 20/02/2024

Also find a bonus section at the end with things related to Marvel fics, for instance playlists.

SamBucky

  • warm blood (feels good, i can't control it anymore) by notcaycepollard
    AO3 fanfiction / 4,492 words / 1 chapter / Explicit
    Bucky is always cold after years spent in cryo, so he likes to snuggle for warmth...
  • in your black heart (is where you'll find me) by notcaycepollard
    AO3 fanfiction / 2,905 words / 1 chapter / Teen and up audiences
    Bucky likes to try to get on Sam's nerves, and as insults don't seem to work, he switches gear and starts calling Sam cute loving names... not expecting Sam to reciprocate.
  • fanboy by Dei (@buckycap)
    Twitter social media au / 105 updates / General audiences
    Journalist Bucky Barnes has a massive crush on Captain America, even though they've never met. When he's assigned to interview him, and that Sam invites him on a trip to Louisina to do the interview, Bucky strugles to not get his hopes up.
  • It’s Nice To Have A Friend by Moom (@ironmoom)
    Twitter social media au / 183 updates / General audiences
    Bucky is in love with Sam, but Sam is in love with Steve, and jealous of the relationship he has with Bucky. When Steve moves away, he encourages his two friends to get to know each other better. LOTR marathons and gay panic ensues. I loved the humour in this fic, and their relationship is very lovely!

WinterHawk

  • Look What The Cat Dragged In by flawedamythyst
    AO3 fanfiction / 22,000 words / 5 chapters / General Audiences
    Soon after he stopped being mind-controlled, Bucky meets Clint while clearing out a Hydra base. Clint offers his flat as a safe spot to regularly crash in, and Bucky gladly takes the offer, but only when Clint is absent or asleep... until Clint brings home an abandoned kitten and Bucky falls in love with her! This was so soft and lovely! Slowish burn with mutual pining, lots of pets parenting, and Bucky discovering he is still capable of love... Amazing!
  • Days Like This by Flowerparrish
    AO3 fanfiction / 7,084 words / 3 chapters / Mature
    Nonbinary Bucky tries to figure out eir gender from the 40s to the present. Along the way e meets trans Clint, who will be a cherished confident before becoming more.
  • Breathless by FestiveFerret
    AO3 fanfiction / 11,531 words / 1 chapter / Teen and up audiences
    A classic hanahaki fic: Bucky slowly falls in love with Clint, but then discovers that his feelings are, quite literally, chocking him. Will Clint return his feelings before it's too late? Also: lots of dog content!
  • Clint Barton's Super Secret Snipers' Club by sara_holmes
    AO3 fanfiction / 67,057 words / 8 chapters / Teen and up audiences
    When Steve breaks out Bucky from SHIELD and brings him to the Avengers tower, everybody freaks and Clint tries to stay out of it. But when taking care of Bucky start to take a visible toll on Steve and makes his relationship with Tony rocky, Clint decides to step in. They bond over their past mind controls and shared shenanigans. This was very lovely, and I liked the clearly comics!Clint in a MCU-related plot. A lot of references to Clint's deafness are made and I loved them all!
  • There's No 'I' In Denial by flawedamythyst
    AO3 fanfiction / 4,774 words / 1 chapter / Teen And Up Audiences
    When Clint takes a 'truth beam' shot to protect Steve during a mission, he's not too worried, believing himself to be an open book. He quickly realizes, however, that there are some secrets he's managed to keep even from himself... starting with how hot he finds Bucky! This was short and lovely! I loved the shocked face Bucky made every time Clint let his feelings slip out!
  • Welcome To Being a Fugitive by flawedamythyst
    AO3 fanfiction / 3,913 words / 1 chapter / General Audiences
    In this soulmate AU, Bucky says Clint's Words, and Clint panics because of the pressure of saying the perfect words in return... Very short, funny and sweet!
  • Mistakes Were Made by Em
    Tumblr fanfiction / 1 chapter / Teen and up audiences
    Clint had a crush on Bucky as a kid, so when he meets the Winter Soldier on a mission before joining SHIELD, well... Short and fun! I live for embarrassed Clint!

FrostIron

  • More than friends by thisisnotwhoyouthink
    FF.net fanfiction / 38,663 words / 10 chapters / Mature
    Tony regularly notices Loki watching the Avengers from the roof of a building, with no apparent will to attack them, so he decides to go and talk to the God. Lots of Loki feels come out, but it's ok because Tony is there for him!<3

Stucky

  • despite the threatening sky and shuddering earth (they remained) by praximeter (Zimario)
    AO3 fanfiction / 71,532 words / 20 chapters / Explicit
    In this alternative ending to The Winter Soldier movie, the Avengers managed to take Bucky prisoner, but his mask being sealed to his face, they don't recognize him for who he is. They will slowly try to deal with this deeply traumatized "enemy" and get him to open up. One of the most famous fics in the fandom, it's often refered to as "the mask fic".
  • I [Heart] You by writeonclara
    AO3 fanfiction / 1,138 words / 1 chapter / General audiences
    Steve got hit with a curse, and now pink cartoonish hearts pop up above his head when he sees someone he loves. Short and cute!

SymBrock

  • Chocolate Pudding by ckret2
    AO3 fanfiction / 3,629 words / 1 chapter / General Audiences
    Venom loses an offspring, who merges with a little orphaned girl. While they look for her, the staff who cares for her isn't sure what to do with her newly developing abilities.
  • Honeymoon by old_blue
    AO3 fanfiction / 33,838 words / 4 chapters / Explicit
    Eddie and Venom investigate a small town with many mysteries and something weird about their water source... This story had a full detective story plot that was fascinating, and the slowly developping relationship between Eddie and his symbiote was entertaining as well!

Bonus

  • Marvel-related songs by Azaliz
    A list of songs that make Aza think about some Marvel characters and ships. I contributed a bit, and I'm mentioned there as Loke. We've been using some of those songs in our fics.